Apr 15, 2003

Well, no HumpDayHump yet and since I missed the Monday Mission, how about a late This or That:

The Money Edition:
1. File taxes as early as possible, or wait until the last possible minute? As early as possible, eventhough this year I was as late as could be.
2. File electronically, or mail paper forms? When I owe, mail paper forms.
3. Prepare your own taxes, or have someone do it for you? I always do my own.
4. Are you a saver or a spender? I'm a spender with a wanna-be saver complex.
5. Do you prefer to carry cash, or pay with plastic (credit/debit cards), or by check? Cash, I'm still paying off credit cards.
6. You're broke and desperately need a job, but the only places that are hiring are retail or fast food places. Which would you pick? I would pick retail. In fact, I have picked retail.
7. Keeping track of your money: are you more meticulous or careless about it? I am very meticulous. I think I have the neatest most organized check book ever.
8. What do you do if you find yourself with a lot of change weighing down your purse/pocket/wallet? Do you try to spend it to *get rid of it*, or do you put it in a jar or a piggy bank? I have a Warner Brothers piggy bank my brother gave me some 5 years ago (I was in a WB kick, don't ask me why). All my change goes in my WB bank and I love cashing it out when it gets full.
9. Which form of fake money do you like better...Monopoly money or those chocolate coins covered with gold foil? I loved Monopoly as a child, and just love the feel of paper in my hands....
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You find a wallet containing $5,000 in cash, as well as several credit cards and the owner's drivers' license. Your rent is due tomorrow and you're short $200. Do you take the money (some or all of it) and mail back the wallet anonymously...or do you return the wallet with all contents intact? I am lucky to have a very good landlord, so if I were short I would give him what I have and ask him to wait a few days for the other $200. I could never take money that didn't belong to me, but I would not send it back anonymously either. Who knows if the owner wouldn't send a buck or two my way not only for recuperating his money, but saving him the trouble of canceling credit cards and getting a new drivers' license. We all know what a pain the DMV can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment