Apr 28, 2003

I just got back from an evening with Anna... and I'm pooped. I can't hear her complaint about her man any more.

I should have done this earlier today, but here's the Monday Mission:
1. Postmodernism (a popular philosophy of the current day) indicates that there are as many "truths" as there are people; nothing is absolute (however, by its very nature, even the word 'Postmodernism" resists definition). For yourself, what truths are absolute? Are there any absolute truths in the Universe? What?, I'm too tired to think right now. All I can say is the only things we can count on in this life are death and taxes.

2. Do you believe that you are still "teachable?" I think I am. At least I am always looking for something new to learn.

3. To do something well, in most situations, requires study and practice. What's the most recent thing that you have done well as a result of study and practice. My blog. I didn't know the first thing about building a page or html or any of that, but I'm managing ok, and looking forward to learning much more.

4. If you had the time/money, what do you want to lean how to do more than anything? Embroidery. I love sewing, crochet, knitting, but I never learned to do embroidery and would love to make little clothes for my baby niece.

5. Those around us may often try to intervene, but ultimately each individual is responsible for the choices they make in life. Tell me about a recent situation where you had a decision to make, and those around you tried to influence or direct you. Were they successful? Was that "help" welcomed? I got an opportunity to work part time at a night club in Long Island. I wasn't thrilled about it, but I need the money so I took it eventhough my boyfriend is totally against it. He tried to convince me not to take it, but finally had to agree that since the money is good, I would do it.

6. Things are much easier to accept when they are given by invitation rather than being forced upon us. When was the last time you rejected something because it was forced on you? How did it happen? Did you hold a grudge about it? Was it ever resolved? lol This will sound silly, but my when my aunt comes to visit, she always wants to bring me fruit eventhough I am not big on any fruit. But she insists that "I'll like the oranges this time", or "these bananas are really special". I always get pissed off because I won't eat them, and end up giving them to my landlady. But I can't hold a grudge. My aunt is just a little crazy, that's all.

7. Are you the sort of person who questions everything, or are you able to accept things without someone providing you tangible proof? I question everything, and trust no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment