Apr 2, 2003

Today's Alice's birthday, so I have to meet J. at 3pm in front of the kids' school. It's going to be a long day, since everyone's suppossed to be there for dinner. I don't know if the kids are staying with J. or if their mom's picking them up, so depending on what happens with them, J. may or may not come to Queens with me tonight. I have to pick up some bread and flowers on my way to Brooklyn; I just wish I could have bought her the cookies she loves so much, but they're from Costco and I don't know anyone who's got a Costco card. I'm amazed at Alice, she's turning 81 today and she's incredibly active and independant. I hope my body can keep up with me the same way when I'm that age. Most of all I hope I can make it to that age.

Things are better with J. We talked last night and I think we made progress. I'll know how serious he is about this if he gives me my claddagh ring back on Friday like he promissed. I hope things get better, because I really do love him; like I told him, I don't want to end this, but I'm not going to sit and wait for something that may or may not happen. I know what I want, I already told him, so now it's up to him to show me how committed he is to this relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment