Apr 30, 2003

I had the best sandwich for lunch today... pepperoni & provolone, with roasted peppers, lettuce/tomato, oil/vinegar on a buttered roll. mmmm.... I love food and I hadn't had a sandwich in so long that this one tasted like heaven. I even had a glass of coke. Now, that's special considering I (almost) never drink soda.

Plant update: my house plants are certainly enjoying the lovely weather we're having in NYC. Specially the basil. It's grown so much since last week I'm going to have to start drying some of it. I love making sauce with fresh tomatos and fresh basil, but I freeze or dry my basil for the winter. I may have to start early this year.
My begonias need pruning... again. They are the most beautiful when I put them by a window, and given the sunny days we've had they have bloomed with lovely bright pink flowers. They grow so much sometimes that they get top-heavy.
The big shamrock is the only one that's not doing especially well. It's very green which is good, but it's not blooming. I'm a little concerned because I consider my shamrock my good luck charm. As long as my shamrock is blooming, things seem to go well. Yes, I am a little supperstitious, but not much. Like we say in Colombia: "las brujas no existen, pero que las hay... las hay".
My rubber tree's growing and has four new leaves. That's a lot of new leaves to have at the same time. It needs cleaning though, I think this weekend I will treat it to a nice shower and draining.
All the others are doing well, but need cleaning and a little pruning.
I love my plants.... J says they're like my babies. To me, they're another link to my mom. I remember when I was growing up she always kept beautiful plants in every house we lived. The reason I have a rubber tree is because she had one for many years, and I was always amazed at how resilient that tree was. Mine's not as big as my mom's, but it certainly is a tough little guy. (It stands a sturdy 3½ feet tall).
I wish I could post pictures and show everyone my lovely plants. I'm proud of them because I know not everyone has a green-thumb, and mine is sooo green. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment