Apr 21, 2003

And now the Monday Mission:

1. Now that the weather (in America, that is) is getting nice and warm, what have you been looking forward to doing the most? I'm looking forward to spring sandals and shoes, going to the kid's t-ball and softball games, and just warm weather in general.

2. On Easter, I had to run around all day visiting family. It turned what was supposed to be a special day and turned me into one big stress-ball. Do you enjoy spending time with your family (parents, siblings, etc.) or do you prefer to see them now and then? I love spending time with my family since it's only my dad and my brother. But holidays at my boyfriend's house is stressful. Being Irish, they're not a family... they're a clan. And there's never a moment's peace.

3. Did your parents play along with the whole "Easter Bunny" legend? Did you eventually figure it out or did someone tell you? How did that make you feel?I was raised in Colombia, South America and we don't have the "Easter Bunny". Being a Catholic country, our Holy Week and Easter Sunday are really about our religion and spiritual reflection. To this day I don't know what's the legend of the "Easter Bunny".

4. This isn't necessarily a religious question (although it certainly can be if you'd like), but what does "Easter" mean to you personally? Easter is a time when I reflect on my religion and reaffim my faith in Christ. I'm not a wacko religious person, but I was raised with a strong sence of what it means to be Catholic and my faith is the one thing that I know I can count on in life.

5. When I was a kid, we didn't have plastic Easter Eggs (except for those that came with Mom's L'eggs pantyhose), so we always hid real eggs. One Easter I remember I threw away a broken egg in my bedroom trash can and it took me weeks before I realized why my room smelled like something died in there. Do you have any funny or memorable Easter stories? Nope. I never did the "egg" thing.

6. I currently watch way, way too many TV shows. In fact, I feel some relief that some are being cancelled or are ending because I just can't give any of them up. Is there anything you do too much of and just can't stop? Dito. I watch way too much tv, but I've been working on that and have cut on my tv time. Other than that, I spend too much time online.

7. Long ago, I took a leadership seminar. At one point the leader gave his philosphy on life: the three things that matter most in life are "your family, your religion and your job, and what they mean to you." Would you agree? What are the three things that matter most in life? I sort of agree. I believe the three most important things in my life are my family, my faith and my health. Without these you can't accomplish or overcome anything in life.

BONUS: Were you just being kind, or am I losing my mind? I'm always kind, but I'll let you know when you star to lose it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment