Apr 22, 2003

It is a small world...

Poking around I came upon a Colombian site. I got curious and after surfing a bit, I found a hotel called Platypus Hotel. The name peaked my curiosity and what do you know.... it's located about two doors down from the house where my dad grew up as a child. The hotel used to be the home of one of our family friends, who now splits her year between NYC and Bogotá. I can't tell you how emotional I became when I saw the address and pictures and recognized the old neighborhood. I could feel myself walking up that steep hill to Clementina's bakery, walking up to that door to see if Doña Cecilia was home. My God..... I felt nine years old all over again. Tomorrow I'll ask my dad about the old house's address just to be sure my memory isn't failing me; and I'm sure when he checks the page for the hotel, my dad will be even more overcome than I am now.

It is such a small world... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment