Apr 12, 2003

By the way, J. didn't take the news of my night job as well as I thought. He's very upset about it, but tells me he understands that I need the money and that's the only reason why I'm doing it. He insisted the other night that I find something else very soon, but the thing is if I could find something else, I wouldn't be in the night club. The job market in NYC is practicly non existent. The NY Times Job Market section is a joke, sometimes there are only 6-8 pages, where that section used to be 20+ pages.

This is one of the many reasons why I am so opposed to this war. It may be cold, heartless and selfish of me but I don't see why our President is giving us that bologne story about "freeing and saving the tortured, exploited, poor people of Iraq". He has done nothing to stimulate our economy, he has done nothing about the unemployment rate here. Shouldn't the interests and well being of the American People be his first priority? He was elected President of the United States, he has a job to do here; he works for me, the American People. It is not his job to unilaterally decide he will save and protect people in foreig nations. That is a job for the international community. The $75 million he asked congress for will eventually come out of my pocket. But he doesn't care that my pocket is empty, because I have not had a job in two years. And I'm not the only one. After 9/11 life has been very difficult here in New York. There is nothing I want more than to get a real job, go back to working in an office, on a regular schedule, with a steady salary. But where is that job? Where are the resources to stimulate our economy? When was the last time he even commented on the economy and unemployment rate in this country? Does he even care? I know who I'm not voting for in the next election.

No comments:

Post a Comment