Mar 19, 2003

So the president has given the order, and now we are at war... How proud George Bush must be to see his son, George W., picking up right where he left off 12 years ago.

At that time, I worried about all those young men that were putting their lives on the line, looking at my brother, knowing he could be one of them. Today, I worry about J's nephew who actually is one of those young men, away from home for so long, and now taking part of this war. I pray to God for his safety, and for the safe return of all our uniformed men and women.

How dissappointed I feel when I see the leaders of this nation fighting for their interests at any cost, mascarading the real reasons with such "noble" phrases as the liberation of "an oppressed people". Last night when the president spoke of the reasons we come to Iraq, he said "we have no ambition in Iraq...". Those who accept these type of statements without question certainly need to take the initiative to educate themselves and to not limit themselves to the headlines as their sole source of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment