Mar 19, 2003

HumpDayHump

MAKEUP!!!
Act VIII Scene I:
*You have come over with pizza for the kids and yummy veggies and a salad for us (weight watchers and all).*
Quiet on the set!! Roll tape..... and....ACTION!!

Christy: Wow! Today has been a fast paced day. I have been a basket case all day. My hubby had his UPP surgery today. It is supposed to help his sleep apnea. Have you ever had a major surgery? What was it for?

You: Yes, and it was not fun. I don't want to get into it, but it was... girl trouble. It was scary because I almost died, it was terribly painful and the recuperation period seemed like an eternity.
Christy: I was checking the procedure out on the internet this morning and got fairly freaked out about it. He is going to be in so much pain over the next three weeks! Yikes! I think I was sort of freaking him out about it. His motto is to know only as much as is necessary and gut it out. I like to be overinformed and prepared for the worst so that anything better than I expect is icing! What would you rather do?
You: I rather know what awaits me, eventhough I'm very squeamish.
Christy: The kids are overtired from being out all day (hospital, library during surgery, etc.). We don't have family in town and conflicts in schedules made dropping them at a friend's house too complicated. Do you live close to family? Who do you call on to help you out when the going gets tough?
You: No, I don't exactly live close to family, but I don't have kids either so my time is my own. I guess it's easy for me.
Christy: I love watching the surgery channel and Discovery Health Channel and Life in the ER so it's easy to say that not much makes me squeamish. However, this whole procedure has my skin crawling. I can say why. I think it's because it is happening to someone I know and love. Are you squeamish?
You: I am when someone is talking to me about something that they went thru. But I have no problem talking about it with a doctor or watching shows like the ones you describe, in fact I enjoy them. I like to be informed.
Christy: I am scheduled for my breast reduction surgery on April 30th, btw. Who would you think has the ideal chest (man or woman)?
You: I think the female body is beautiful. But everything is relative, a chest that is proportionate and "healthy" is ideal.
Christy: I lost 1.6 pounds last week! Woohoo! My aunt and grandmother and I have a deal. When we each lose 20 pounds we are headed to Ireland. Would you like to visit there? Have you ever visited there before?
You: I would love to go to Ireland. My boyfriend is Irish, and I enjoy visiting with his family here in NY very much. I know Ireland is beautiful and it would be wonderful to visit. Maybe one day we will go.
Christy: What is your biggest concern regarding the imminent war with Iraq?
You: OH!! Don't even get me started. On a very personal level, I am concerned about the president's lack of effor to cut down the unemployment rate in this country (read my previous posting), yet he is very much "worried" about the conditions of the Iraqui people. Some days I wonder how I'm going to buy my groceries, and how I'm going to pay for my train fare to get me to a job interview. He should be worried about the conditions "I" am living in. And by "I", I mean the millions of unemployed people in this country.
Christy: See you next week!
You: Great talking to you again, see you next week. Maybe we'll have dessert next time :)

CUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment