Mar 12, 2003

HumpDayHump

MAKEUP!!!
Act VII Scene IV:
*We are at the movie store trying to find a good flick to watch tonight.*
Quiet on the set!! Roll tape..... and....ACTION!!

Christy: I can not keep my eyes open today. I have no idea what the deal is. I went to bed early last night (9pm) and woke up at 11:45pm but went back to sleep about 2am after puttering around a bit. How much sleep do you usually get each night?

You: Plenty, not having to get up early is a small blessing for me.
Christy: Do you think you would benefit from more sleep? Think you could force yourself to an earlier bedtime?
You: I don't need more sleep, but I have tried getting used to an earlier bedtime and it's very hard. Even when I had to get up at 6:30 for work, I could never go to sleep before 12 or 1am.
Christy: There was a time in college that I worked nights (doing inventory and stocking items at Kmart). I remember getting fairly sleepy about 4am. I think, if I had to now, I could manage a nighttime job. I am a total owl. Do you think you could manage a graveyard shift?
You: Definitely. As long as I have something to keep me busy, staying up all night is no problem.
Christy: What would be the coolest late night job to have, in your opinion? I think being a paramedic in the city during the night would never be dull.
You: Probably a bartender or barmaid, they're always busy, meeting people, plus they get tips..... money's always a good thing.
Christy: Well, it has been awhile since we last chatted! Tell me what has been going on in your life? Anything pressing you for all of your attention at the time?
You: I went to my dermatologist a week ago and had a biopsy on a mole, but I'm a little concerned. The incision hasn't healed; a couple of days ago it seemed to be getting infected, and it still hurts. I'm giving it 'till the end of the week to see how it feels.
Christy: If you could devote all of your attention to one thing on your "to-do" list, which one thing would you choose? I would choose to focus on getting my book published and writing a few more (children's books).
You: Making baby clothes for my little niece.
Christy: If you knew that you wouldn't get caught or in trouble with anyone and that your salvation wouldn't be at stake, which sin would you partake in?
You: I guess it would be theft, bank robbery. I need money desperately!!
Christy: See you next week!
You: Alrighty then, till the next one...

CUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment