Jun 30, 2003

Monday Mission
When was the last time you said or were told the following, and more importantly, how did it feel to be you at that moment:
1. "It's not you, it's me." I've never been told "it's not me". The last time I said it to someone I knew it sounded like a cliche, but it really was me.
2. "I love you, but I'm not in love with you." Nope. Never heard that one either. That's how I felt about my last boyfriend (before J), but I didn't have the heart to say that to him.
3. "You just don't get it!" Oh, that one I've heard. My old ex, Rob, used to say it to me all the time; he made me feel so stupid I can't believe I stayed with him so long.
4. "Do I look fat..." I hear it every time I see Anna. I get very annoyed when she's trying to squeeze into clothes two sizes too small because she swears she is not a size 12.
5. "I hate you!" Nobody has ever said that to me, and I hope never to hear those words. I have never used them either.
6. "If you really loved me..." Nope, never heard those either. And if I ever do, I'll be doing a 180 and walking out that door.
7. "Not tonight..." This one I've heard, and my feelings were hurt. He wasn't so blunt, it was more like "mmm, we're so comfy just cuddled up like this... we'll have lots of energy in the morning". I was shocked when he I heard that, because no one had ever told me no. I'm over it now.

BONUS: If we can solve any problem, then why do we lose so many tears? Along with the ability to reason (analize and solve problems), God gave us emotions. It's not a bad thing, not all tears are sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment