Jun 4, 2003

Chrissy's back!
Yey, let's do the HumpDayHump:

MAKEUP!!!
Act VIII Scene IV:
*You are helping me finish some projects I have to do then we are going to finish some projects you have to do.*
Quiet on the set!! Roll tape..... and....ACTION!!

Christy: One thing I can't stand is stupid people. Or rather people that do stupid things. I know I have been guilty of it before and I couldn't stand myself then either. Can you think of anything stupid that you have done?
You: Just a few days ago I sent a thank you note to the wrong person for a gift I received but wasn't from her. How's that for ditzy?

Christy: I have been following the Lacy Peterson case. Have you? The one stupid thing her parents did, in my opinion, was go into Lacy and Scott's house and take some of Lacy's things. I mean, I know they want them and should get them but not the way they did it. They could have corrupted important evidence that would have helped find out who killed her. I personally think her husband did it. Have you been following the case? Do you think it was her husband or a satanic cult (Order of the Silver Crescent is alive and kicking in Modesto CA and is the defense's last claim) that killed her?
You: I haven't been following very closely, but I agree with you that her family was abrupt in going into the home and removing some of her possessions. And I also think the husband might have done it. I haven't heard much about the "satanic cult theory", but Peterson's demeanor since her dissappearance makes him an attractive suspect.

Christy: You know, as a mom, I have the wonderful job of raising two well mannered, socially acceptable, intelligent children. This is not an easy task. Lately, I have grappled with the issue of spanking. Part of me says that it just teaches children to hit. Another part of me says it is a necessary evil when it comes to teaching children how to act. I was spanked but not much. Do you believe in spanking children? Were you spanked as a child?
You: I believe in spanking young children to instill in them respect and obedience.If done effectively it shouldn't be needed for their entire childhood. I was spanked as a child and I will also spank my children.

Christy: My husband swears he was made to go out and pick the switch his grandmother would use to smack him with. She swears it isn't so. My mom's weapon of choice was the wooden spoon. Which is also my threating tool (although I can count on one hand how often I have swatted either child with it). Mostly I just show it to them in order to have them shape up just like my mom used to do to my brother and I. What, if any, smacking tool did your parents use to instill the "fear of God" into you?
You: My mother was the disciplinarian in our family, and she used her voice and her hand. One open hand smack on the heiny proved to be effective with us. Now that I'm older and can look back and understand so much more, I realize it wasn't really her hand that became the "spanking tool", but her voice. She would say my name in a stern tone, something in her voice let me know what was coming if I didn't behave. I suppose when I was very young a slap on my heiny came after she called my name in "that way". Eventually all she needed was to say my name "that way". A primitive form of pavlovian training I suppose. Very effective.

Christy: I was looking at someplaces to vacation last night when I woke up at 3am (SHEESH!) and I found two places I really want to go - Mackinac Island, Michigan and Bar Harbor, Maine. What is your favorite state/city to visit? Is that because of a person(s) or because of the town in general?
You: I love going upstate, but no place in particular. Mostly Ulster County. We used to go camping there a lot when I was young and always enjoyed its beauty. If you want to know a place I'd like to visit again, that would be San Andres (Island in the Caribean, off the coast of Colombia), in the US I'd like to go back to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon again. It's just breath taking. -- In case you don't know, I'm a nature lover.

Christy: Sorry about the redundancy of questions among last week's memes. I swear it was completely coincidental. Freaky, but coincidental nonetheless. Have you ever had a freaky coincidence like that? One that seemed only explainable by ESP?
You: I didn't see last week's so I can't comment on that.

Christy: Speaking of weird things. Do you believe in reicarnation? What/who would you like to come back as? What era would you like to return in? Past of future?
You: I don't believe in reincarnation, but if I could come back I would like to come back during the renaissance. Ofcourse in a position that would allow me to experience and enjoy the wonderful art that was developing at that time.

Christy: See you next week!
You: I'll be here. See ya!

CUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment