Jun 5, 2003

Daily Dose of Meme
The Thursday Threesome ::Rice Krispies Treats::
Onesome: Rice- Okay, what's the preference at your place at dinner time, riceor potatoes? ...or something else? Hmmm? Rice. I must have rice with my meal, and it's not unusual to have rice and potatoes. I know it seems strange to most people (non-latins), but it's how I was raised. Colombian food is just delicious and there is nothing wrong with having two starches on your plate. (This is one of my eternal arguments with J. He says it's not a balanced meal and he says we eat very heavy meals that can't be healthy. But he never has a reply when I mention that the rate of heart disease, cholesterol levels and obesity in my country are incredibly low. Why are we so healthy if our meals are "unhealthy"? Yet, Americans battle with these diseases in alarming rates. hmmmm... People, just because something is different, doesn't make it wrong.
Twosome: Krispies- ...and how about breakfast? If you're a cereal person, what is your favorite? ...or is there something else you'd prefer to start your day with? I'm not a breakfast person. I usually just have a glass of oj (sometimes just a glass of water) but I like good old Kellogs with banana and milk. yummy. For a hot breakfast I like pancakes, but that's just on the occasional Sunday. When I was a kid I loved "changua" (I won't describe it because non-Colombian people will think it's disgusting, but it really is delicious) but as I got older I had to give it up. The hot milk doesn't agree with me anymore.
Threesome: Treats- Has anyone not seen "Finding Nemo"? What treat did you have to buy (or slip in) for it to be a "Theatre Experience"? I haven't. That's because I don't have kids, although I guess I could have taken J's kids to a matinee today since they're off from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment