Jun 25, 2003

Hump Day Hump
MAKEUP!!!
Act IX Scene I: *You are browsing through all the leftover pictures I have from doing my daughter's preschool yearbook.*
Quiet on the set!! Roll tape..... and....ACTION!!
Christy: Man am I ever glad that I am done with that yearbook! What the hell was I thinking when I said I would take that project on?? It does look cool though, if I do say so myself. But a whole yearbook all by myself, I bit off more than I could chew. Have you ever done that? What was the project?You: I got in over my head once at work. It was an Annual meeting of the Board of Governors and every year gifts are given to those retiring or who are celebrating special achievements. My boss didn't tell me until the last minute that the budget for the gifts had been cut that year and now I had to find appropriate gifts for less than half the money I usually had to spend. I was so worried I ended up doing the shopping on my personal time and with my boyfriend driving me around.
Christy: Honestly, it would have been a lot easier if I had not procrastinated on the whole thing or at least had a couple people to delegate events to. But I am a known procratinator and not really the leader type. Are you a procrastinator and/or a leader? You: I am the biggest procrastinator ever. It is a trait I am trying to change in myself but it's not easy. I have never been a leader. Sad, isn't it?
Christy: Really, I am not a follower either. I was always one of those that just sort of did their own thing. My mom always dubbed me "Most likely to Try Out for things" because I was never convinced that I couldn't do something nor was I embarrassed to goof up in front of others. I always have that "Oh well" mentality. I march to the beat of a million drums you could say. What about you? Do you jump feet first into things or are you more the reserved shy type? You: I am very reserved and have always been afraid to embarass myself in front of people. I wouldn't say that I am a follower per se, but I am quiet and discrete.
Christy: I love to sing. It's my stress reliever. When I am about to fling myself off a bridge, I can get into my car with some of my favorite CDs and sing out loud and be better in under an hour. Do you like to sing? You: I love to sing and used to sing in my car when I had a car. I usually sing when I'm doing housework. The only problem is I don't have a good singing voice, so it's an activity I enjoy doing alone.
Christy: Singing not your idea of a stress buster, huh? So what do you do when the end of your rope is near? You: Comfort food. I sometimes run to Baskin Robins for a pint of strawberry ice cream, or make a big tub of pop corn. They always make me feel better. I also like to do breathing exercises when I am totally stressed.
Christy: Many times I can see clearly all of the things I have done wrong in my life. It's the good about me that becomes lost in the fog. What is good about you? Tell me as many things as you can think of. You: I am kind and sincere. Always considerate of other people's feelings and tolerant of those whose ideas differ from mine. I am witty and fun loving and have always been able to recognize when I have made a mistake. I am also open minded and open to new experiences.
Christy: What about physical beauty? Who is an amazingly beautiful person in your eyes? You: That would be Mel Gibson. I just love his eyes and there's something about him that I find terribly atractive.
Christy: Good choice! Well, I have to head to get the girl-child from drama camp. This is the beginning of her career, mark my words! See you later on!
You: When she's rich and famous I'll be able to say I knew her mom. See you next week, Christy.
CUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment