May 29, 2003

After J came home last night we made dinner and watched The good, the bad and the ugly on AMC. We love that channel, that's where we get our fix of the Duke (J's favorite actor).

Today I fiddled with my plants. I bought a fern yesterday and repotted it today. I was so happy when I saw I could split about 4 plants from the one I bought. They look beautiful and am very excited about having my first ferns. And I got to tell you, it only cost me $4.99 at Target. I love it!

I also repotted my rubber tree, which I've been promessing to do for the longest time. J bought me a lovely planting pot the other day, so today I bought the soil and went to work on it. While I was doing it I decided to measure it again (I measured it last week while talking to Bea about plants) and saw that it had grown one inch in one week. Imagine how much it's going to grow now that it has room at the roots. By the way, my rubber tree stands at 4 feet, 4 inches. Not bad considering when I bought it some 7 or 8 years ago it was 4 skinny branches measuring 12 inches. Wanna see it? This picture is from May 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment