Jul 18, 2003

Ouchy!

It happened today again, I hurt my foot at work. This time it was the right foot. Just as I was walking towards the elevators to the cafeteria to have my lunch, one of the tradesmen working in the building collided with me. Yes, we didn't bumpt into eachother, he collided with me. If I hadn't tried to avoid bumping into him I probably would have bounced. You see, he hit me like a brick wall and kicked the top of my right foot. Although it was an accident, I got really pissed (about an hour later when the pain started to go away a bit). It hurt so bad I had to file an accident report and left work three hours early. Much as I need the money, I couldn't imagine staying at work where I have to be on my feet and walk back and forth behind my counter. The only good thing is that I have already accumulated 3½ hours overtime so far this week and I won't be short on next week's check.

The last time I had a "stupid foot accident" was at the Club (my last job) about three years ago. I left my office and started to walk down the stairs when I slipped and twisted my foot in a way that I landed on the tip of my toes (the left foot that time). I hurt my big toe and the one next to it so bad that I had to take a cab home. I couldn't even get my boot back on my foot. Although I didn't break anything my toes never healed properly, and they still hurt sometimes.

So tonight I laid on my couch with an icepack on my elevated foot and am hoping to feel better tomorrow.

I must feel better.... I can't miss work.

No comments:

Post a Comment