Jun 26, 2011

Step aside Whole Foods & Trader Joe's 

So I was checking up on tweeter and came across this link. It's a video for a new grocery store (chain?) opening in Austin, Texas this year. It is called in.gredients and their idea is to sell everything sans packaging. That's right, since Bring Your Own Bag has done so well, the new thing is going to be Bring Your Own Container. I love it!

That's how grocery shopping was done when I was little (maybe not entirely, but almost). I really hope they do well in TX and eventually come to NY. I know I would be more than happy to do my part in reducing packaging waste. As far as I'm concerned, I always want to do my part to keep my earth healthy. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYkw7Jx6Xnw&sns=em (via @Alyssa_Milano)


Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I remember how years ago i would shop for liquid soap and have the option of buying it in a new container or filling one of my own. How I wished more products were made available in the same fashion. I am glad to see this new idea taking form, hope it spreads, and will do my part as a consumer to aid its success. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very optimistic that this new initiative will be successful. It's almost "trendy" to live/be green nowadays, which is wonderful. The more people that become aware of how easy it is, the better. In fact, check out this article from The Huffington Post on a family that really lives the Zero Waste way. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/21/zerowaste-family-maintain_n_823477.html
    By the way, thanks for stopping by and for commenting. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete