Jul 18, 2011

Space... the Final frontier

Since the launch of the Space Shuttle Atlantis back on July 8th, I've been following Astronaut Ron Garan, aka @Astro_Ron, on twitter. I've also been checking out NASA's multimedia video gallery and their Goddard Pix Flickr page. I just can't seem to ge enough "space" stuff these days.

I can't believe my eyes, I can't contain my joy, I am beside myself watching those videos and pictures of our beautiful blue planet. It is amazing to me that I can be watching a video of the earth taken from the ISS, the knowledge that I am on that earth down below, kind of "watching my selft" from above. Does that make sence? I guess the best way I can describe my feelings is... it's like an outter body experience. How could I "be" in two places at the same time? I've said it before and I'll say it again... I love the age I'm living in.

I feel I must express my gratitude to the thousands who over the years decades have made a generation's dreams of fanstic voyages possible. And now I am looking forward to what will be next... There's talk of perhaps going back to the Moon (but I don't think it likely). There's the Webb Space Telescope, human's travel to Mars or asteroids, what other dreams are waiting to become reality? Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment