Aug 20, 2005

It's over

Vacation is officially over; I returned the rental car tonight. I can't complain, it was a good week: Joseph and I got to spend four days together without phone calls from the restaurant or my store. We drove up to the Catskills, which is probably my favorite vacation spot. I am a nature girl and being in the mountains always makes me happy. Check out the pictures here.

We stayed in a town called Andes, and visited a few others like Margretville, Delhi, Walton, New Paltz and Cooperstown. Ofcourse we went to the Baseball Hall of Fame and I had a blast looking up all my favorite Mets players; I especially got a kick out of the World Series Rings. The most entertaining part was watching Abbott and Costello's "who's on first".

The only dissappointing part of our vacation was the Esopus Creek. Apparently there hasn't been much rain upstate this summer, so the creek is quite low and we couldn't go tubing. ::grrr:: We were told that all water activities have suffered including fishing. And the fisheries are not doing so well either. But aside from that, we had a blast. We visited a couple of lakes, where we could finally go swimming.

Now it's back to reality, and to our routine........ ::sigh:: ......... c'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment