Feb 29, 2004

Some day off

So today was my day off, and I had planned a relaxing day with Joseph. We had the whole morning to watch a little tv, have breakfast and relax. Then we were going to Katie's basketball game at 2pm and after that to the movies (I was hoping to see "The Passion of Christ"). Then in the evening, a little Oscar, and some home cooking.

Yeah, that was the plan. Out of all that going to Katie's game was the only thing that worked out; except we were 1/2 hour late. The being late part was my fault because after breakfast I decided to do some house cleaning and took a phonecall from a co-worker, which left me rushing to get ready.

After the game, we went to Joseph's house to pick up the two complimentary tickets he had for us to go to the movies, and we found out one of his nephews had already taken them. No movies for us..... on top of that, we found out his mother fell and hurt her back.... ouch.

From there we decided to make our way back to my place at around 4pm. Suffice it to say, we walked in the door at my place at 8pm. Yes, what normally takes one hour, took us 4 tonight. Not only that, the conductor on the last train we were on was giving the wrong directions for shuttle bus transfers for the stations coming to my neighborhood. Crowds of people got off at Queens plaza expecting to catch the shuttle bus to the Astoria train, but there was no shuttle. The busses were waiting at a different station..... MTA screws up once again.

But we're finally home..... Home Sweet Home.

Some day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment