Aug 16, 2003

I made it

Here I am, getting over the "blackout 2003". I was at work when the lights went out and left work for Brooklyn (to Joseph's house) at 5:30pm. I walked south from 23rd st. to the Manhattan Bridge, into Brooklyn and all the way to Windsor Terrace. It took me 4 hours.... in that horrible heat and humidity, not knowing just what exactly had happened, and worried because the sun was setting and I was afraind to be walking alone in total darkness in streets I didn't know. Don't get me wrong, I knew how to get to where I was going, but I had never traveled that route before and I was a bit scared.

After getting to Brooklyn and cleaning up, eating and resting for a while, the phone rings........ it was Anna. She was waiting for me at my house in Queens *&%*#@&%@* Joseph had to borrow a car and drive me to queens at midnight, in the dark, to rescue my crazy aunt.

Tired as I was after Thursday night's "adventure", I had to go to work yesterday. Can you believe that! It was my day off and I had to be there at 8:30 am! I was at the store, along with 3 other co-workers and my manager until 3pm and today I worked again. I am beat. And the worse part is that I work again tomorrow.

I can't wait till Monday........ finally, a day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment